At UNIR’s Master in Business Administration (MBA) you will be developed as a business leader capable of working in the current global environments.
In pursuing this Master, you will improve your managerial capabilities for analyzing business problems, proposing solutions and implementing solutions successfully. Leading your firm into the future and managing change in an international context will help you become a modern day entrepreneur.
The MBA is a Master program aimed at graduates and professionals who wish to develop their career in managerial positions with companies operating in a multinational market and global economy.
Students will acquire valuable knowledge and develop new skills to obtain a comprehensive vision of the firm, make strategic decisions, and understand how companies operate in different international arenas.
UNIR is a member of leading international entities that certify the quality of our MBA programs:
Docencia 100% online
Clases online en directo
- Créditos: 60 ECTS
- Duración: One academic year
- Inicio: 25th October 2018 Ver calendario
- Metodología: 100% online, distance learning
- Rama de Conocimiento: Business, Marketing and Communication School
- Exámenes: In-person exams at the end of each quarter
UNIR’s MBA programs are ranked as the best in their area, according to PORTALMBA, MUNDOPOSGRADO, and FSO Ranking
International team of professors from four continents
The goal of UNIR’s MBA is to enrich the student’s global vision by providing knowledge in strategy, accounting and finance, marketing, sales, human resources, operations, and technology.
UNIR’s distance MBA program has the following distinctive characteristics:
- Official status: An official Master’s degree recognized by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
- Case methodology: You will learn by analyzing and making decisions based on real cases from companies that operate in different markets.
- Entrepreneurship: You will learn to develop new business projects in different markets.
- International markets: You will learn to manage businesses as per different international environments, and will become familiar with companies’ globalization processes.
- Managerial and negotiation capabilities: You will acquire the skills needed for making strategic decisions, developing projects, negotiating, and leading work teams successfully.
- Digital world: You will develop your knowledge in the digital environment affecting the creation of new business models for modern companies.
The program is delivered entirely in English, in a multicultural and international community of students and faculty.
This official Master’s degree qualifies graduates to enter official PhD programs and to earn postgraduate-level points for civil service exams, and competitions for employment in Public Administration.
Once the master is successfully completed, the student will obtain UNIRs Máster Universitario en Dirección y Administración de Empresas Certification.
Approved by the University Council 01/06/2012
Documentación de la titulación
Normativa de la universidad
Plan de estudios
Los créditos del programa están repartidos de la siguiente forma:
- Strategic Management
- Innovation Management: Business Transformation
- Integral Marketing
- Budget Management and Control
- Human Resources and Talent Management
- Finance in a Digital Environment
- Operations and Logistics Management
- Final Project
|Innovation Management: Business Transformation||6|
|Budget Management and Control||6|
|Human Resources and Talent Management||6|
|Finance in a Digital Environment||6|
|Operations and Logistics Management||6|
Los requisitos de acceso al programa son los siguientes:
Requisitos de Acceso
To be accepted into the University Master’s program in Business Administration, you must hold a University Degree, as specified in Article 7 of RD 39/1997. This requirement follows the admissions criteria established in Article 16 of RD 1393/2007, according to which applicants must:
- Hold an official Spanish university degree or a degree from another higher education institution in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that grants access to a Master degree.
- Hold a qualification obtained outside the EHEA in accordance with foreign educational systems without the need for official recognition of their degrees, having previously confirmed with the University that this qualification accredits a level of training equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degree and that it would serve as a means of access to postgraduate study in the country in which it was awarded. Admission through this channel in no case signifies either official recognition of the candidate’s prior qualification or any other recognition than permission to enrol in online Master’s study.
- To study this master in English, students must demonstrate and certify that they have at least a B2 English level.
UNIR has established the following admissions criteria for the Master in Business Administration (MBA).
- Primary admissions criterion: GPA on academic transcript.
- Education: priority to holders of higher education degrees in Economics, Business, and Engineering; as well as other areas such as Physics, Mathematics, etc.; followed by Industrial Engineering, Computer Science and Telecommunications.
- Among applicants with equal qualifications, priority will be given to knowledge of foreign languages.
- Among applicants with equal qualifications, applications will be accepted in order of receipt.
If there are more qualified applicants than places, special weight will be given to:
- Professional experience in terms of years of experience certified by an official “Working Life Report”.
- Candidates who have authored and presented or published research at a conference or in a scholarly journal on a topic related to the Master program.
In addition to the legal requirements listed above, we recommend that prospective students for the MBA have the following profile.
- An open mind and analytical capability.
- Mastery of the basic mathematical tools for study of and application to finance and economics.
- Good communication and social skills and capability for teamwork.
- Completa el formulario “Solicita información”.
- Recibirás la llamada de un asesor personal. Con él verificarás que cumples los requisitos exigidos y te ayudará a elaborar tu plan de estudios personalizado: reconocimiento, número de créditos, tiempo que le puedes dedicar, etc.
- Rellena la matrícula* con la forma de pago más tus necesidades.
- Envía la documentación requerida para formalizar la admisión, debidamente compulsada y espera la confirmación.
- Espera tu clave de acceso al AULA VIRTUAL y comienza el curso organizándote a tu manera.
*Un asesor te facilitará el acceso al formulario de matrícula.
**Sólo para matricularse en Grados y Posgrados oficiales.
El método de estudio de UNIR es flexible, personalizado y eficaz. La metodología se basa en clases online en directo y tutor personal para ofrecer la mejor formación.
El modelo pedagógico de UNIR es efectivo porque se basa en una metodología totalmente online para que cada alumno pueda estudiar a su ritmo:
- Clases online en directo: Hay clases programadas todos los días de la semana en horario de mañana y de tarde para que asista a clase cuando mejor le venga.
- Clases online en diferido: Si no pudiese asistir a una clase o se quedó con dudas, podrá acceder a todas sus clases en diferido. Podrá verlo siempre que quiera y tantas veces como necesite.
- Tutor personal: El primer día se le asignará un tutor personal. Estará en contacto con él por teléfono y por email. Él le apoyará en su día a día y resolverá las dudas que le puedan surgir.
- Campus Virtual: Todo lo que necesita para estudiar en UNIR está en el campus: las clases, los profesores, los compañeros, la biblioteca, recursos didácticos, horarios, chat, foros y mucho más.
- Recursos didácticos: Tendrá acceso a distintos recursos de aprendizaje para completar su formación: lecturas complementarias, esquemas con las ideas clave, masterclasses, test de autoevaluación, etc
Puede consultar el apartado Cómo se estudia en UNIR para acceder a más información.
UNIR’s method of study is flexible, personalized and effective. It is based on live online classes and a personal tutor to provide you with the best education.
UNIR’s pedagogy is effective because it is based on an entirely online methodology so that each student can study at his or her own pace:
- Live online lectures: Lectures are held every day of the week, with both morning and afternoon schedules so that you can attend class at the time that is best for you.
- Pre-recorded online lectures: If you cannot attend a lectures, or if you have questions about a lecture you did attend, you can access recordings of all your lectures. Watch lectures whenever you wish and as often as you need to.
- Personal tutor: On your first day, you will be assigned a personal tutor, whom you may contact by phone and email. Your tutor will advise you in your day-to-day work and answer any questions you may have.
- Virtual Campus: All you need to study at UNIR is on the campus: lectures, professors, classmates, the library, pedagogical resources, schedules, chat, forums and much more.
- Pedagogical resources: You will have access to various learning resources to supplement your education: complementary readings, outlines with key ideas, self-assessment tests, etc.
For more information, see How to study at UNIR.
UNIR also has two departments specifically dedicated to supporting students in their studies:
The Department of Academic Advising (DOA) helps students with their study programs, taking into account their work and family circumstances.
ts staff help students reconcile work, family and study, and help each student achieve a rhythm of work and study well adapted to his or her personal needs.
The Special Needs Service (SANNEE) provides support to students with temporary or permanent functional diversity, providing the best solutions for each individual.
Students receive their training from professors and expert professionals from UNIR. Students are supported by the Technical Advising Service, whose staff will answer their questions about how to succeed in their classes.
All participants in the program can communicate with each other from any place in the world through chats, debate forums and blogs.
Contents are supplemented by online dictionaries of terms associated with teaching units and complementary documentation.
Our platform also permits audio and video downloads.
Sistema de evaluación
To determine the level at which the student has achieved the general and specific objectives defined in the Master, we must assess the competencies acquired during study.
Learning will be assessed through the grades earned for performance in the following:
- Continuous assessment (assessment tests, participation/student’s involvement in forums, debates and other collaborative media, and solving practical cases).
- Final Master Project.
UNIR’s MBA enables you to access positions with greater responsibility and to consolidate your job stability and salary. On completing your degree, you will be prepared to be a leader in any international organization and to manage any area of the company: marketing, finance, human resources, quality, production, etc.
You will be able to work in any country or economic sector.
The opportunity for entrepreneurship is not limited to young entrepreneurs: large multinationals and new organizations need entrepreneurs on their staff to lead and execute projects that renew the organization’s structure and improve its capability.
Perfil de egreso
Once you have completed the program, you will possess advanced solid, practical knowledge in the field of business management and leadership. You will have a comprehensive, global vision of the elements of the company, that is, organization, accounting, finance, marketing, and other essential and parallel issues for successful management. The graduate will be able to make decisions, manage technological change, use computerized tools for business management and strategy, and develop innovation as a competitive weapon.
UNIR has a Center for Career Counseling and Employment Information (C.O.E.I.) to help students find jobs and internships. This center organizes a variety of activities, from for-credit and extracurricular internships to a job and internship portal, and provides career counseling and employment information.
Graduate in Physical Sciences from the University of Barcelona (Spain). MBA at IESE Business School, Barcelona (Spain). PhD in Management by UCLA, Los Angeles (USA)
Eva R. Porras
Eva R. Porras has been involved in research and higher education since 1995. She holds a PhD in finance from Florida Atlantic University, a Masters in Science of Administration from Central Michigan University, and an undergraduate degree in Business Administration from the University of North Florida. Her doctoral degree was homologated by the Universidad of Almería, Spain in 2009. She has also attended two post doctoral courses, the CPCL and DFE, at Harvard Business School in 2001 and 2007 respectively.
Kateryna Bondar holds a PhD in Technology and Innovation Management from the University Bw Munich, Germany. She previously studied MSc in Computer Science at the National Aviation University, Ukraine, specializing in Internet Technologies and MSc in Business Studies at the University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
José Luis Curbelo
Economist. Ph.D. at the University of California at Berkeley. M.Sc. at the University of Wisconsin at Madison. Licenciado at the University of the Basque Country-Bilbao. He has also taken courses at various institutions, such as The University of Harvard, Harvard Business School, University of California-Los Angeles; University of Texas-Austin, Amsterdam Institute of Finance, London School of Economics, World Bank, amongst others.
MBA, Business School, Warsaw University of Technology, July 2014 Quality Audit and Management, Postgraduate Studies, Jagiellonian University, June 2005 MSc, Mathematics, Jagiellonian University, July 1999.
Jalsenjak holds a Doctorate from the University of Zagreb and a Master’s in Philosophy and Religious Studies from the Faculty of Philosophy of the Society of Jesus in Zagreb.
Isabel Ng was born and raised in Hong Kong. She received her PhD in psychology from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor in the United States in 2007. Upon graduation, she taught MBA courses at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College in the United States, as well as the School of Management at Fudan University in Shanghai, China. She is now a full time faculty at UNIR teaching Leadership and Management.
Antonio Rodríguez Andrés
Dr. Antonio Rodríguez Andrés obtained his Ph.D. in Economics at the University of Southern Denmark, and received his Master Degree in Industrial Economics from Universidad Carlos III in Spain.
Usamah Afifi Graduated from Warsaw University of Technology-Aerospace Engineering and completed his MBA at the Warsaw University of Technology Business School in association with HEC, NHH and LBS business schools.
Usamah Also is a graduate of Executive Management Program at London Business School.
Trinidad Cortés Puya
PhD in Human Geography from the UCM (2002) and EMBA from IESE Business School (2009). She holds a Masters in Cultural Management from the UCM (2005). She also has graduated from the International Faculty Program from IESE Business School (2014).
Obtained her multiple disciplinary Phd in Management and Economics of SMEs from the Department of Economics and Statistics (responsible), Financial Economics, Accounting and Operations Management, Business and Marketing Management at the University of Huelva in 2014 (Spain). She has an MBA in Tourism (2011, University of Huelva, Spain), a Bachelor of Art in International Studies (2010, King Sigismund College, Hungary) & Bachelor of Science in Economics (Commerce) (2007, Budapest Business School).
Francisco Astudillo Pacheco
PhD on Computer Science; Computer Science Engineer; Master in Project Management; postgraduate programs in Business Administration and in Strategic Project Management; PMP Certified Professional by PMI.